Technical Support Engineer Job Description
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for answering the technical concerns of the company's customers. He also ensures the rigorous implementation of the solutions he offers following requests, until complete customer satisfaction.
Very responsive and efficient, the Technical Support Engineer intervenes with the customer in case of computer problems, whether software (software) or hardware (hardware). After eradicating manipulation or installation errors, he must confirm the incident and quickly make an accurate diagnosis to bring one or more solutions to the customer as soon as possible.
Depending on the case, the Technical Support Engineer moves or solves the problem by telephone. Expert in crisis management, he must remain calm and focused in all circumstances with only one goal in mind: customer satisfaction.
In some cases, he may be required to follow and accompany the client in the implementation of the recommended solution, and sometimes even to train users if new functions have added or developments made, for example.
The Technical Support Engineer performs and provides support and technical support to the company's (internal, external) customers to prevent and resolve technical problems of operation and maintenance by handling issues and the provision of technical solutions according to quality and time requirements. He can coordinate a team.
- This job is accessible with a diploma of level Bac + 2 (BTS, DUT, ...) to Bac + 5 (Professional Master, degree of an engineer, ...) in industrial maintenance, studies, and development or the industrial sector of the company (mechanics, chemistry).
- The practice of English can be requested.
- The activity of this business is carried out within industrial companies or service companies, about the customers of the company. It can involve displacements.
- It varies according to the sector (aeronautics, chemistry, automation), the mode of organization (online service).
- The activity can be exercised on weekends, holidays, at night, and be subject to periodic penalty payments.
- Technical follow-up of products and their evolution with customers
- Inform customers of technical issues identified and changes and repairs to make
- Analyze the technical problems encountered by the client and his constraints
- Determine technical solutions and recommendations and communicate them to customers
- Train on company products and support teams and customers
- Automation, hydraulics, pneumatics
- Chemistry, biochemistry
- Electricity, electronics, electrical engineering
- IT and telecoms
- Industrial data
- Develop a portfolio of clients/prospects
- Supervise an online help desk
- Develop technical documents and make them available to customers
- Update databases of questions, answers, knowledge and technological solutions
- To settle particular files (disputes) or to transmit to the service concerned
- Monitor equipment evolution, analyze operating incidents and instruct corrective and preventive actions
- Organize and control team interventions and customer support services
- Lead a project
- Coordinate a team's activity or direct a structure
- Use of Computer Assisted Group Technology Software -TGAO-
- Use of document management software
- Problem-solving methods
- Supply Chain Organization
- Teaching techniques
- Statistical analysis
- Commercial Technics
- Conduct project
- Management techniques
- Budget management